“I strive to provide quality, personalized care and extra attention to every patient. I want everyone to feel like they are a part of my family, the Image Orthodontics family.” Dr. Ryan Helms
Dr. Helms was born and raised in greater Lafayette and graduated from William Henry Harrison High School. He then pursued a degree in Biology with a minor in Psychology from Purdue University where he graduated with highest distinction. While at Purdue he also co-founded the Purdue Pre-Dental Club. Dr. Helms then moved to Indianapolis to study dentistry at IU school of Dentistry where he graduated second in his class. He also received the James E. Humphrey, D.D.S. Memorial Scholarship Award and the Maynard K. Hine award, given to the dental student displaying the highest level of professionalism as voted on by their peers. Dr. Helms then pursued his love of orthodontics at IU School of Dentistry where he received his Master of Science in Dentistry, Certificate in Orthodontics. Dr. Helms is very committed to continuing education and furthering his knowledge. His research pertaining to occlusion has been published in a peer reviewed journal.
Dr. Helms lives in Lafayette with his wife Megan and their children, Hudson and Marley. They have three dogs, Griffin, Leroy, and Prince. Dr. Helms spends most of his free time with his children and loves hanging out with friends and family. He especially enjoys cheering on the Boilermakers! He also enjoys grilling, running, fishing, and board games.
- B.S. with Highest Distinction in Biology, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN
- D.D.S. with High Distinction, Indiana University, Indianapolis, IN
- M.S. in Dentistry and Certificate in Orthodontics, , Indiana University, Indianapolis, IN
Professional Groups and Continuing Education
- Former President of the West Central Dental Society
- Board Member of the West Central Dental Society
- Indiana Dental Association
- American Dental Association
- American Association of Orthodontics
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon Dental Honor Society
- National Society of Collegiate Scholars
- Indiana University Alumni Society
- Hoosier Orthodontic Forum Study Club